Thursday, May 22, 2014

Kenai Fjords National Park

                   Kenai Fjords National Park: Seward, AK

Judy and I had barely arrived in Seward when we spotted the Kenai Fjords NP tours office.  I had 1/2 hour before their boat tour began so I scrambled to buy a ticket, pack my lunch and put on layers of clothes for the 6 hour tour.  Dave and I took this same boat tour in 1996 and due to high winds and bad weather, the captain had to turn the boat around and head back to the marina.  Today was smooth sailing with fabulous views of humpback whales, orcas, Steller's sea lions, mountain goats, bird rookeries and glaciers.
boarding photo
female humpback with calf following behind
humpback tail

Steller's sea lions
















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home